WHAT IS BIO-IDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY?
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is the therapeutic use of plant-based hormones that are identical to the hormones of the human body on the molecular level. Hormone replacement therapy can be delivered to a patient in several ways. The preferred method of delivery would come in a form of pellets and have benefits over other formulations such as creams and orals. Undertaking a sustained and consistent release of hormone pellets over time is considered an advantage over the inconsistency of other formulations.
WHY BIO-IDENTICAL PELLET THERAPY?
Using pellets is simply easy! Pellets are inserted by a healthcare professional into patients 3-4 times a year. The procedure typically lasts 15 minutes.
Patients do not need to take any orals or creams to keep up with the hormone therapy, so once inserted you don’t have to worry about it.
Hormone therapy is usually prescribed using the lowest effective dose and for only the amount of time that is needed based on the clinical judgement and the needs of the individual patient.
PELLET THERAPY FOR WOMEN
Hormones can have a significant impact on the body. Declining estrogen levels have specific effects on women, including:
- physical symptoms, such as vasomotor symptoms (night sweats, hot flashes, and flushes) and vaginal dryness
- Metabolic and structural changes such as bone loss, skin thinning, fatty replacement of the breast, changes in blood lipids, and atrophy of the bladder and urethra
The desired effect of BHRT in women includes:
- Decrease vasomotor symptoms, including hot flashes and night sweats, often considered to be symptoms of menopause
- Prevent osteoporosis
- Minimize physical symptoms such as vaginal dryness
- Reduce metabolic and structural changes such as bone loss, skin thinning, fatty replacement of the breast, changes in blood lipids, and atrophy of the bladder and urethra.
PELLET THERAPY FOR MEN
Testosterone deficiency may be more likely in men who present with lower-than-normal testosterone levels and all three of the following symptoms:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Decreased libido
- Decreased frequency of morning erections
Testosterone pellets can provide sustained normal testosterone levels for 3 to 4 months. The desired effect of BHRT in men includes:
- Increased lean body mass
- Decreased fat mass
- Increased bone mineral density
- Increased sexual functioning
HORMONE IMBALANCE TEST
Typically, any patient undergoing BHRT would need a lab test, usually blood testing, to evaluate for hormone imbalance. We usually draw your blood at our location and send them to a lab for results. Results may take a week to deliver. This will give the healthcare professional information on how many pellets are right for you.
BHRT with Pellecome is offered at our Cedar Park location. Call our offices, or email firstname.lastname@example.org today to book your complimentary consultation to know if Pellecome is right for you.