Keep Them Guessing Your Age, with a Facelift!
Mirror, mirror on the wall, I don’t look as young as I feel, at all!
Wish you could look as young as you feel? Tired of looking in the mirror and wondering where those lines came from? Wish you could turn back the clock and have the look you had 10 or 15 years ago? The best results from a facelift are those that gently refresh your appearance and keep them guessing your age. You want to look younger, better than before, without making too drastic a change. At Beleza MedSpa, we feel your new look should be noticeable without glaring, significant but still subtle.
There so many surgeries that end in ‘lift’. What are the differences?
Because the term facelift seems intimidating to some people, they look to get the results they want from less aggressive treatment. Maybe you’ve heard of “Lifestyle Lift”, “Quicklift” or “S-Lift” or perhaps a “Limited Incision Facelift” or “Mini-facelift” sounds more appealing. It’s understandable for patients to want “more-for-less”.
The exact procedure, including the technique and degree of lifting, will be determined during your consultation, and the procedure tailored to your precise needs.
Most, if not all these other procedures involve the same techniques as a facelift, they just change the name to make it sound less intimidating or to try and trademark the procedure.
Why do I need a facelift? I’ve always tried to take care of my skin.
Good skincare is the foundation for a healthy look. Using other products such as Botox and Juvederm as well as minimally invasive treatments such as Fotofacial is great for helping to maintain and prolong the need for a facelift. However, time, gravity, and genetics as well as environmental factors such as smoking and sun exposure eventually lead to the deeper structures of the face starting to sag, with stretching of the skin and formation of deeper lines and wrinkles.
What is a facelift and what does it do?
A facelift corrects the area from below the lower eyelid, past the jawline, and down onto the bottom of the neck. The skin is elevated and the structures underneath lifted, tightened, and repaired. Then the excess skin is removed and tightened.
Can I have other procedures done at the same time?
Yes! Most patients can have additional procedures such as breast surgery, tummy tucks, or liposuction during the same procedure.
Who is a good candidate?
- Patients with excess skin in the neck and face
- Deeper lines around the mouth known as nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
- Sunken cheeks and loss of fullness to the face.
- Patients who have realistic expectations.
Who is a poor candidate?
- Patients in otherwise poor health – poorly controlled diabetes or uncontrolled high blood pressure for example.
- Patients who are severely overweight
- Patients who smoke and are unwilling to quit.
How do I prepare for the surgery?
- Plan on having someone stay with you full-time after the procedure for the first few days.
- You’ll feel most comfortable in a “recliner” position – back reclined and knees bent.
- Have extra dressings, baby wipes, and loose clothing available.
What happens on the day of surgery?
- You’ll meet with our doctors, anesthesia staff, and nurses to answer any remaining questions and help prepare you for the procedure.
- You can choose to have a regular anesthetic or a lighter, “Twilight” sedation.
- The surgery itself can take an hour and a half to two hours depending on the patient.
- When you wake up you’ll be in the recovery area and will have some light dressings in place.
What is the recovery like?
- We want you to rest at home for the first few days, getting up regularly to move about.
- Have someone help you clean your incision daily and apply new dressings.
- You’ll only need to wear bandages for a few days.
- After 5-6 days you’ll feel well enough to increase your activity, maybe go to dinner.
- At two weeks you can resume some light exercise such as walking, gradually increasing over the next few weeks.
What are potential complications?
- The rate of complications for this procedure is very low, but your surgery and recovery will be very closely monitored to prevent any possible problems.
- A detailed list of potential complications will be provided for your review well before surgery.
- We want you or your caregiver to contact us with any concerns you may have.
How do I get started?
- Meet with our Surgical Consultants for an initial evaluation as well as scheduling and pricing options.
- Ready to move forward? You’ll then meet with our surgeons for a full consultation and evaluation before your surgery date.
At Beleza MedSpa, our board-certified physicians, nurses, and staff are committed to the highest levels of care, state-of-the-art technology, and unrivaled patient care and customer support. See what thousands of patients have already experienced – at Beleza MedSpa!